The TCF (TESTs DE CONNAISSANCE POUR LE FRANÇAIS) are:
- Computer-based tests
- Organized by the French ministry of education (FEI)
- Valid for two years
- Useful to migrate to Canada, study abroad or certify your level at any time
The TCF Canada is intended for anyone aged 16 or over, regardless of their nationality or mother tongue, who needs to certify their level of French as part of the process of economic immigration to Canada or obtaining citizenship. Canadian and who, therefore, must submit a file to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The TCF Québec is for anyone aged 16 or over, regardless of nationality or mother tongue, who wishes to file an immigration file with the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration ( MIFI) of Quebec.
The TCF IRN is intended for any foreign person over the age of 16 wishing to validate their level of French for:
- an application for French nationality;
- an application for a long-term resident card;
- validation of level A1 as part of the OFII citizen course.